Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Has this ever happened to you?


I swear I have never heard this story before. The one about "the one bath" that your kid had. Let me tell you it's a good one....

As most of you know Katy and I do enjoy a good bath in the morning. Nothing wakes you up better than having a bath, and this day was no different.

I started the water and put Katy in. She requested some "bubbies" so I obliged and added some. I like "bubbies" too so I added some extra that I could blow in her face. I walked across the hall to download some pics (don't worry I could see Katy the whole time, I'm not a neglectful mom). She was laughing her head off infact at the "bubbies" and all the rushing water.

When I got back in the bathroom we started to wash her hair. I took my trustie cup and proceeded to dump it (no pun intended) over her head....over and over. We have to get it all wet and Katy has a lot of hair if you didn't notice. It was on about the 5th dump of water over the head that I noticed something in the water, under the bubbles.

I was mortified when I parted the bubbles to find a BIG HUGE DUMP!!!!! How long has this been there? And, my goodness, how much is really down there? Would I have noticed sooner if I wasn't greedy with the bubbles by adding some more? My worse fears were realized when I had come to the conclusion that she just had her morning dump right there in my tub! It may have been a quick clean up, but remember this is the morning dump.....not solid at all (too much info? Sorry)!

I ran down the hall with Katy covered in poopy water. I woke up Steve and insisted that he get in the shower with her so I could clean up the mess in the tub. I think he was still asleep when he got in there because it was almost like he was realizing that Katy was actually covered in poopy water after he was actually holding her (as most of you know Steve doesn't love the germs)!

All in all we are doing fine now. The tub is cleaned and sanitized several times over as has Steve cleaned and sanitized many times since the incident. I guess there is really nothing that we can do to avoid a situation like this, but I swear I have never heard of this happening! Actually now that I am thinking back I do believe there was a brief moment of silence amoungst the laughing in the tub. It was at this time, I believe, that the incident actually took place. Maybe I'll have to be more aware of the silent moments in the future!

Let's just hope that we don't have to have this much fun in the tub again for a while! And let this be a warning to you all!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

oh yes, the infamous pooping in the tub. i think it has to happen to everyone at least once! Tate did it when he was around a year old and of course Jord wasn't around so i had to scoop it out and deal with all of it myself, it was disgusting.

Britney said...

I think this has only happened maybe once? (Probably because my kids never take baths).

I love that it was hidden under the bubbles...sick!!! :)

holly said...

Um try two kids in the tub! Yep Kenz and Vanna sittin in the tub did Kenz say anything.... nope! Just sat there in her sisters poop. Not a highlight!

Randi said...

(me pointing at you and laughing) ha ha ha! ;)