Friday, February 4, 2011

me, myself and I

I was totally inspired by one of my fav photogs Brook Ashley to go ahead and take a self portrait of myself. Hey I had time....Steve was at work and Katy was taking a nap. So I whipped out the old backdrop in my kitchen and went to town. Actually I let my self timer go to town. I seriously need to get a remote for my camera. Hummm....my birthday is coming up. Ideas!

Anywho, I felt totally WEIRD taking pics of myself. Especially since no one else was there to help me. I wasn't sure if I should do the fake laugh, or have the fake smile? That is pretty much what my smile turns into unless Steve or Katy are there making me laugh.

Let me just tell you that I took a ton....most were blurry since I was using my self timer. I was trying to figure out how to focus in Manuel and had to tape a piece of fabric on the backdrop to focus it. Well I took a TON and this is what I came up with.....

Kind of fun? This is actually one of the blurry ones but I liked it the best. I think it gives it a fun feel, what do you think? You should totally take a self portrait of yourself!

9 comments:

Ken and Jos said...

Look how gorgeous!! Self portraits are funny, but fun ;-)

Jennie and Spencer said...

I love it. I started to paint a self portrait of myself. It is wierd. Anyway, we miss you guys. Hope you are doing well. What is Steve's schedule now? Spencer has Tuesday and Thursdays available if you want to all hang out.

Kerry said...

Amy, I love this picture of you! I want one please. Just beautiful!

Alesha said...

You are cute. :) I'm thinking I might want ya to take some pics of my little man when he comes...Ya? Could you email me some info about newborns? apolsen1006@gmail.com

melynda said...

you are so gorgeous!! love it.

looks like you guys had a great trip. glad to see your out and running already!! i have been twice and jacked my foot, sad. love the wreath.

T.Irwin said...

It's a really good self portrait. You look great!

I've been doing self portraits every day for 3 years. I'm working on the 4th year.

My twin sister invited me to join her on this project and it was so weird and hard in the beginning. I've learned to appreciate my strengths and weaknesses more as a result.

Randi said...

you're so pretty amy!

Angela said...

what a cute girl you are!

Danielle said...

You look so great!