Sunday, April 24, 2011

Beautiful Day

I first want to say how grateful I am for my knowledge of the resurrection and why we celebrate Easter. Yes, we have many fun traditions when it comes to this holiday, especially when it comes to candy *wink*, but it's nice to be able to stop for a minute and appreciate this great blessing in our lives.

We started off our holiday weekend at the Beardshall's for an Easter egg hunt, lunch and the Easter story told by Miss Joanne and the famous flannel board stories! The kids were having a blast, but I think Paige was the most helpful!

I love how Katy carries her basket like it a purse!

Family photo time....awww!

Today, despite my feeling like complete CRAP (I've been hit hard by the cold bug, dang I haven't been sick in a while!), we had fun. After church we headed over to my moms for dinner. When I got there I realized that my mom had a heaping bowl of my FAVORITEs, Robyns Eggs (let's be honest, what's not my fav when it comes to sugar?). I don't know about anybody else but when we were little (I had all sisters) we loved to make lipstick with these beauts. I seriously couldn't help myself and just started to go to town. Lucky for me my family is fun and they all joined in!
Here's our best shot. We found that the blue ones make the best lipstick.

I think this one is pretty funny of TJ and Gage! They were both making us laugh so hard when they were playing with Katy and Brynn's parasols they got from Grandma Kerry!

Katy is at a really fun age to celebrate the holidays with. Growing up the Easter Bunny always hid our baskets for us to find. Same holds true here in our home. But the Easter Bunny was nice this year and helped Katy out with a trail of candy leading her to where it was. It was funny when she woke up. I heard her open the door and say "wow mom there's candy out here!" Then she shut her door, perhaps in disbelief? She opened it again and just kept yelling "mom, mom, mom theres candy out here"! I had to help her find her basket. It was hidden in the dryer! She was lucky and got some of Mo Willems pigeon books (a favorite), Max and Ruby beanie babies, and a princess flashlight!

I am again grateful for my family and the resurrection and our knowledge that we can be together forever! Happy Easter!

4 comments:

Rosie said...

I loved doing lipstick eggs too! PS your blog is playing one of my favorite songs from one of my favorite bands! Love Toad :) I think I need an I heart Glen Phillips button ;) LOL.

Alesha said...

Fun stuff! Your little family pic is so cute!

Nicole and Kevin said...

Love the Robyn Egg lipstick!!!

I think that is such a cute idea to go over the Easter Story with the kiddos. I think I will adopt something like that for next year. It is hard not to get wrapped up in the commercial part of the holidays.

As far as Disneyland goes, I would bring your own stroller. Oakley HATES riding in the stroller, but she was walking so much that she was happy to ride in the stroller while in the park. I don't know how much they are to rent, but you can gate check your stroller for free if you are flying, or it doesn't take much room in the car if you drive.

Amy said...

Love the lipstick! That was one of my favorite things to do as a kid too. Now we get to teach our kiddos :) Happy Easter. We are truly blessed :)