Monday, April 4, 2011

Tent Trauma

We went to the sand dunes on Friday. Kind of a last minute decision really. I'm glad we went.

Britney and her family were going.....so we tagged along. I figure any outdoors adventure is more fun for Steve when my BIL Josh is there.

We left Friday morning and moseyed on down. We were in no hurry, really. I think we finally made it down there around 1:00, we had a few stops to make. Once we got there they were off for a ride. I love 4wheeling but decided to stay and hang out with Brynn and Britney. I'm glad we did because we had a pretty great time. Best afternoon so far this year, the weather was perfect.

Poor Katy got a pretty good runny nose that morning, but it didn't get her down.

I brought some bubbles. Katy and Brynn had fun with them. Chuck kept trying to eat them.

We watched movies.


Speaking of Chuck he did not pull out his Chuck Norris powers this weekend, and instead claimed the title of an indoor dog. When we were eating dinner he was freaking out. I noticed that he was not walking on his back paw. When I picked him up to take a closer look he tried to bite me, not something that Mr. Norris would ever try with me! We finally concluded that he had been bit by a red ant. He spent the rest of the night winging about it....poor thing. He even got cold that night but refused to come to the fire because it was giving him too much anxiety. Ha, that's my boy!

I guess they call it the sand dunes for a reason. I still have sand coming out of places I didn't know I had!

We all had fun playing in the sand, including Gage....

and TJ.

Now this is a real outdoor dog, Chase. I am secretly going to steal him when no one is looking. He is my favorite!

Steve had to get a new flag on the way down, and promptly lost it on his first ride. He was lucky enough to find this one. A bit short, but I think it get's the message across....DUNE FREAK! Ha, that was making us all laugh pretty hard. Here they are taking it for a spin in the parking lot.

We went home on Saturday after our morning ride....so we could get back for priesthood and listen to conference. Katy LOVES the 4wheeler and all the bumps that come along with it! We even got to go on a ride with Darrel (Josh's dad) in his sand rail. What a blast!!!! Katy was loving being at the top of sand mountain!

Aside from our TENT TRAUMA, we had an absolute blast. More about that? Well Katy was totally stoked about the tent. We've been talking about camping a lot lately. In fact, she wanted to go right to bed at about 4:00 when we set up the tent. She even fell right asleep when we went to bed about 9:30....but she woke up about every 30-45 minutes not knowing where she was. It seemed like she was still sleeping every time and I could calm her right down. But about the 5th time this happened (no sleep for Steve and I up to this point) she was actually freaking out. So we decided to wake her up...the only thing she wanted to do was watch a show on the computer so we allowed it (3:00 am at this point). Steve and I had zipped our sleeping bags together and through our ordeal, Katy ended up in there with us.

Everyone was finally asleep, snoring....including Chuck! I had Steve and Chuck on one side and Katy on the other. I was seriously uncomfortable and I couldn't even move, let alone bend my legs. Well guess what happened next? Katy woke up again and was crying...I was LOOSING it by then and I FREAKED out! I hoped out of the sleeping bag and yelled "I'm loosing it, Steve!". Of course Steve is awesome and totally calmed Katy down. She kept saying over and over "I wanna go home" Steve explained to her that in order to do that we'd have to pack up the 4wheeler, the tent, all our food and clothes. She finally agreed to be brave and fell asleep at this point for the rest of the night (it was like 4:45am at this point!!!!), mostly because she was totally exhausted!!!! She hardly remembered it the next day. And aside from being totally delirious for the rest of the weekend we had a blast!

Also on a side note we totally LOVED and ENJOYED listening and watching conference.

2 comments:

Britney said...

I think that is my favorite picture of Chase...ever! We were so happy you came and enjoyed the company. Tent camping is a skill, Katy will get it. someday! :)

Once the Conman said...

those are some awesome snaps! Re-think your future...