Monday, June 20, 2011

California Vacation Extravaganza///Disneyland!!!

Enter Wednesday and Disneyland....where all your dreams come true! It rained Wednesday morning but not as bad. We opted to make this our disneyland day since it would probably be more busy on Thursday.

Now Katy is 2 and a half...and free, bonus!....so I was thinking that we were going to blow her mind. And we did, but not in a way I had expected to.

The fam dam in front of "Mikey's castle". As you can see Katy has a weakness for sugar just like me!

I don't ever recall going on Dumbo...but was told that Katy would love it and that would be a good way to start out day since it can take longer to get on as the day goes on. In line Katy was making me laugh so hard because she kept saying..."No it's not your turn, it's my turn" when anyone in front of us got on the ride. Can you say ONLY CHILD! Not being very good at sharing is another post! Once we were on the ride she was in heaven. "This is SO fun"....followed by giggling! She kept telling me that she was flying! (on a side note Roger was not too excited to be on Dumbo...even though he went for Katy...he kept referring to how he was the oldest one on the ride! Ha, Katy will always remember that though!)

The dumbo ride what where the fun stopped!

Now I think that Peter Pan is my MOST favorite ride, but that seemed to be the busiest ride of them all...like an hour wait. Since we were trying to hit up both parks we opted to go on the carousel, which she loved, followed by Mr. Toads wild ride, which she did not love! We can't seem to agree on who's idea it was but I am sticking to my guns on this one and saying that it was Steve's idea, and a BAD one at that. It was dark and loud and she HATED it! Cried the whole time. Poor thing. Ok, noted she doesn't like dark loud rides. Lesson learned.

We thought it would be fun, and a good idea to hit up the Small World ride. It was going good until we got in the tunnel and she lost it again. She was not feelin' the LOUD music and singing. By the end of the ride she seemed ok. This was the start of the end of rides....because she didn't go on anything else after that!

This was us before that all happened. She was sitting up front with RaNae and Ken before she turned around scared out of her mind!

We decided it would be a good idea to split up and Steve and I took Katy up to Toon Town. Lots of fun for Katy. We even got there when all the characters were out. Hey! Do you want to get your picture taken? NO!!!!

I LOVE Pluto so I opted to get my picture with him alone! We thought that would warm her up to the idea, but it didn't!

Steve of course had to flex us some of his muscles!!!! Woo, go dad....he sure is strong!

Since Katy wasn't going on anything she started asking about Pascal. We always say how he is our favorite caracter on Tangled. I told her we could probably find one at Disneyland. I did some research and found that you can, in fact, buy a cute stuffed Pascal at Disneyland. So we went to find one. Only problem......THEY WERE SOLD OUT! The gal that was helping us informed us that they had been sold out for months and they couldn't keep them on the shelves. Gee, thanks! This was not turning into the best showing for us here! We did find Max the horse on our way though. She was ok getting her picture with Max! Say Cheese!

After lunch we made our way over to California Adventure. While we were going on Soarin' over California Steve and Katy checked out the shops. Steve told me Katy stopped him dead in his tracks when there was a sign for a make your own Mr. Potato Head. This thing was adorable, it was 20 bucks and if you could fit it in the box you could have it. Let me tell you, that thing was brimming!!! We couldn't really shut it all the way but the gal that checked us out said it was no problem because she was so impressed with our stuffing skills! It has a Mickey Mouse hat, camera, clock, Minnie Mouse bow, Mickey doll, wizard hat, Mickey balloon, pirate eyes....pretty much anything you could think of we shoved in the box. As you can tell, she LOVED it. She wouldn't let that thing out of her sight all day.

Roger and Joanne even humored me and posed for a quick pic!

This picture made me laugh because it was a nicer day in the fake backdrop than we had, but it was the perfect day to go because it never really rained....which kept everyone away and also not too hot.

Me, Steve, Roger and Uncle Ken

Ha, if you know me I am kind of a wuss when it comes to dropping straight down....as you can see by my face! I have been skydiving, but something about dropping straight down get's me every time! What a fun ride though....too bad I seriously wussed out and only went once!

Since Katy was not going on rides I kind of had to force her to go on this one! Something about the huge Mr. Potato Head that was out front talking to everyone threw her off...I can't imagine why! She kept saying I don't like him, I like my Mr. Potato Head. He cried a little, not as much...and said afterwards that it was her favorite ride. Yeah right! But cute none the less!

The Mr. on the boardwalk, so CUTE!

Katy found ways to entertain herself in between things with some fun Tangled apps Steve downloaded for her before we left.

Sporting our Mickey Mouse watches. Joanne got one and RaNae and I were jealous and had to get one too!

Yup, all in all a great day.......

I think Even Mr. Potato head would agree! Don't you think Steve and Ken? Until next time!

5 comments:

Alesha said...

That little fam picture is so cute! I think I am gonna wait to take my kids to disney land till the youngest is like 4...am I rude? haha

Randi said...

so much fun! ah! am jealous! looks like even if Katy didn't like ALL the rides you and Steve had a good time! what a cute couple you guys are!

Lance and Em said...

So fun Amy! You are making me miss Disney so much! We are dying to go and see the new stuff at California Adventure. I love that Katy is obsessed with Tangled... my boys LOVE that show... okay, okay, their MOM loves that show, so they are forced to watch it at least twice a week!

Ashley said...

ummm, when we took tate when he was like 1 1/2 it was HORRIFIC. he hated waiting in line, he'd cry every time we'd get off a ride, and he just wanted to get down and run around. it was so un-fun. so we decided we would not return until Marley is like 3...

Campbell Clan said...

Mr. Toads Wild Ride is personally one of my favorite rides. But... who had the brilliant idea of making you go to h*ll when you are on a child's ride?