Thursday, July 7, 2011

3 x 12//June 2011




Holy Tolito....June is history. Even though I am not totally caught up with June postings yet, let's go ahead and get it out there before it's gone because I don't want to forget all the fun we had this month.

We hung out with Brynne for her birthday, hung out with friends, had swimming parties, hung out with cousins, took lots of tubbies (summer brings out the grodie feet!), went hiking, hung out with our friends, did crafts, ran a race, read lots of books, went to Snowbird, got stung by a bee, ate some popsicles, celebrated fathers day, realized I need a remote for my camera (see above self time sequence!!! Colt's not even in the last one, he was sick of taking pictures by that point!), date night/temple night with Steve's family, 2 police shootings in WVC, watched Steveo help with a K-9 demonstration, slept in our tent, watched fireworks and pretty much just had the BEST June ever!

We actually got around to our spring cleaning too folks! I told my mom that and she laughed out loud and reminded me that it was, in fact, summer! Yeah, yeah. But I guess it's better late than never, right?

Katy is SO hilarious right now. She is officially, if she wasn't already, a big kid and a "real person" as I like to call her (not sure what that made her before). I know I am always writing about potty training but more updates on that....she totally has the peeing down but has yet to poop or go in a public restroom. I think she'd be happy to go in a diaper until she is 8 if she didn't have to go into the public restroom! You'd think maybe she got Steve's germafobia about public restrooms but I think she's just scared of the LOUD flushing. *Oh a side note, one time we "camped" in a KOA type campground when we went to Moab. Steve wore his flip flops into the bathroom to take a shower. Little did he know that the stalls were super small. I guess he was bending over to grab the soap and his butt touched the shower wall. He practically came out SCREAMING saying that his butt has touched the wall and that he probably had an STD for all he knew!!! Hence the germafobia*

Since being stung by a bee up at the pool at Snowbird, Katy is really worried about all the "guys" she sees! Steve picked us up from my mom's house after work when we went to visit Britney. On our way home she was totally tired and practically asleep (maybe that made it worse) and all of a sudden started SCREAMING that the "guy was going to get her!" What? We thought she saw a totally creepy dude on the side of the road until, who knows how, Steve spotted a misquote in the back seat flying around. So all the bugs are called "guys" and they are all "going to get her". I was thinking that we were doing good about the bee sting, because she didn't mention it for a few days after it happened, but I guess it heightened her fear of other "guys"....kind of like how I did not care for spiders but had horrible experiences in Hawaii with HUGE cockroaches that I am now more "fearful" and "messed up" from spiders.....make sense? I guess it does in my head! Oh and I just have to write about how Steve has taken the liberty of teaching Katy that we don't ever say no to mom or dad, just strangers and weirdos!!!! So I had to laugh to myself when I thought she saw a weirdo or stranger on the road that scared her!

This month she has pulled out the phrases like "what's the point, mom?", "what you talkin about?", and "Katy's in the HOUSE, ooo ooo" She is seriously like a sponge. We went to cousin Blake's game and she was pretty much repeating everything the guy in front of us was saying...."come on guys, let's get em'", "go Brighton"....she was making everyone laugh. I have also noticed that she has a tendency to get a bit bossy and likes to tell people what to do. Like when I tell her she can't do something, that she doesn't agree with, she'll run over and get right in my face and say "no mom, you can't do that!" I guess that is her inner diva coming out!

If this even makes you laugh or not....who knows but Steve got a Truck this month. He is the funniest guy I know. Forever he was OBSESSED with Jeeps and said that they were his dream car and he had to have one, so we made it happen. I was convinced that our car buying days were behind us (we've seriously had like 20 cars between the two of us!), because he had his "dream car". Well I guess his dreams have changed and he got a HUGE F150. He is convinced that I will now drive the Jeep and we'll get rid of my jalopy. Whatever, I totally am in love with the Jeep and am kind of shocked that he wanted a truck and will miss the Jeep, but someone has to be practical here. Besides I really do love my car. It's dependable and it get's me to where I need to go....and it does it at 35 miles to the gallon! Thank you very much! He acts as though I am making him sell the Jeep! I think that is somewhere we have agreed to disagree because Steve has a hard time believing that a really don't care about what I drive, and he always feels bad he get's the "nice" cars. Hey if it makes you happy do it, but I really don't care whatsoever so let's capitalize on that and go from there...because just as I don't get the car thing Steve doesn't really see the appeal of having someone totally RAD take our family pictures (although he loves them). So there you have it.

Here's to a great JULY!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I love that you now call Katy a "real" person! I totally get what your saying because we say the same think about Tate as if he was....not real before? They get so big and start having their own little funny personalities, it's weird in a way.

Nicole and Kevin said...

Maybe Katy can teach Oakley how to pee on the toilet. Oakley has absolutely NO desire to pee on the toilet - NONE!

How did sleeping in the tent go? We still need to do our trial run (we still need to buy a tent :).

Ragnar was a blast (As always). I always have fun with you, even if there are dumb boys in our van! Let's do it again in a couple years!!!