Wednesday, August 29, 2012

august 16 . provo fun day


I'm semi ashamed to say this (I'm sorry to all the UTE fans), but I had a pleasant time down in utah county the other week. So much fun, in fact, that I am calling the adventure our "Provo fun day".


It started by hearing about this awesome food truck called Waffle Love. A food truck...now were talking. We had to track it down and get some. So we facebooked them and found that they were down at the Marriott Center. I picked up Katy after school and off we went.


I have to say that they were quite delisish. I have never had a waffle like this, but they were super dense and seemed rich. I got 2 for us to share (my eyes were bigger than my mouth) and we were having a hard time. I didn't even finish one.


They were out of chocolate sauce for the day so we went with peaches and cream on one, and biscoff sauce and cream on the other. I was disappointed by the peaches (Brigham City has ruined that for me...and I cannot wait for peach days!), they were bitter. But the biscoff sauce was amazing!!!! Had no idea what I was ordering, but I was pleasantly surprised when I put it in my mouth.


Katy was less than impressed. Oh wait, she is just the pickiest kid alive. But she did like the biscoff concoction and wanted more of that.


While I tried to finish our waffles, Katy found a stick and declared herself a unicorn. I could tell that this was just the beginning of the endless fun we would have that day.


Will's just always happy about being part of the "party". Fingers crossed that he actually likes food, unlike Katy! We'll go back and get you a waffle some day buddy!


Well I couldn't just drive all the way down to Provo and not go do some fun stuff so we headed to Bridal Veil Falls.




We had a blast there. I especially loved all the people watching, Katy love all the rocks!


And lastly we made a stop at the University Mall so we could check out the Disney Store. I forgot how great the play area is there, so we had to hit that up last.


4 comments:

melynda said...

i want that waffle, it looks AWESOME!!!!

Rosie said...

I discovered Biscoff in NY and got my entire family addicted! It's so yummy :) You can get it at Walmart in the Peanut butter section.

Ashley said...

oh Amy....I will let it slide this one time. But don't let me hear you say again that you like Provo:)

Tyanna said...

Okay, I need you to put on a special clinic to teach me how to be a fun Mom who can do it all and still be a fantastic person. You could entitle it "How to pull off fun day trips with your kids, and have them always look cute, and take great pics of them, and decorate their rooms really cute, and stay skinny whilst eating waffles with lots of yummy toppings"--I would sign up in a heartbeat and be your most faithful student. Love these pictures!!