Monday, October 1, 2012

september 19 . road trippin'


We decided that since Utah totally rocks our socks we needed to get out and see more of it. I'm sure that this will become a yearly tradition, because we had such a great time! That and the fact that Steve has been advertising that he wants to go camping on his birthday every year (we were in Moab last year).

We did some research and found that Highway 12 would be a fun adventure. It's a scenic byway, but it's also classified as an "all american road". Did you know there are only 21 states that have scenic byways and even less that have all american roads? The National Scenic Byways Program recognizes highways that are outstanding examples of scenic, historic, recreational, cultural, archeological, and/or natural qualities.


We kept joking that we were driving through Radiator Springs. Katy kept asking if the real Lightning McQueen lived here!

I felt like every chance you could, you just wanted to jump out and take a picture. I felt like a Japanese tourist! But we weren't the only ones thinking they needed to snap pictures along the way. There was traffic jams at all the "hot" spots!


We made our way to Bryce Canyon around lunch time. I know that I've been here before, but it was more beautiful that I remember.


And even though Will probably wont remember, I'm sure glad he got to experience this with us.


Aren't we just a photogenic family!!!!


Mostly we just stuck to the highway, but there are so many off shoots that you could take, and any number of things that you could do along the way.


We had to get rid of the camping box a while back, but the camper has proven to be a nice addition to the family.


We ended this day in Escalante....which was like a ghost town. I was surprised that there was no real big city along the way. Just a small town here or there.


3 comments:

Nicole and Kevin said...

I love road trips around Utah. One of my favorite things to do!

Tyanna said...

Love when you update your blog. Your pics are SOOOO great!! One of these times we are in Utah I want you to take some pics of my kids! These pics make me miss Utah landscape and how diverse it is. You guys are so adventurous and fun! AND you look SOOOO great! I love the pic of Will and Katy a couple posts down with the flags--SO stinkin' cute! Love how she is touching his toes.

Randi said...

I am totally jealous! we're going to follow in your footsteps and do this kind of stuff more too!