Sunday, June 14, 2015

potty training 201


I can't even begin to tell you how bad I wanted to cry that day. I was frustrated beyond belief and yet all I could do was laugh.

If you know Will, then you know that he is one strong willed guy....no pun intended. He has straight up told me, after peeing and pooping on the toilet, that it just takes too much time and he'd much prefer a diaper.

I was sure once he went poop on the toilet the fist time, it would all be down hill from there. After all that is all it took for Katy to get potty trained. But not this kid. He doesn't care if he's in a diaper, a pull up or underwear. He's pretty laid back about the whole thing.

That afternoon since we were outside and planning to be all afternoon, I put him in his underwear. He was doing a great job going pee and we even brought out his race car potty. But I of course looked up, after already asking him if he need to go, to find that he had a load in his pants. I proceeded to clean him up outside on the grass. In my haste (as cleaning up poopy diapers is my favorite thing), I got some on the grass, which I fully intended to clean up after I had the situation on my hands under control. It wasn't until I was done that I turned around horrified to find that my Chuck had taking a liking to what he had found in the grass and was happily rolling too and fro. When he got up from the grass, brown and stained, that's when I wanted to cry. Steve did what he does best and made light of the situation by laughing hysterically and telling me that MY dog was disgusting and that HIS dog (big dumb Chief) would never think to do something so distasteful.

The rest of the afternoon we treated poor Chuck as though he was caring a horrible disease such as the plague. It was such a crazy day of needing to get things done we left him outside. I kept yelling to the kids that they couldn't play in the backyard today (when I heard the door trying to open), and NOT to let Chuck in no matter how bad he was making them feel with his pathetic crying and wining to come in. It wasn't until after 11:00 that night that he was able to get a bath.

Poop happens. Or so they say, and sometimes the best thing to do is let your cute boy (who is totally exhausted from potty training and being out in the sun) take a 5:00 PM nap on the couch so you can take a picture of him (his cute farmer tanned chicken legs and all) and remember this day. He won't be little like this forever, just as he won't be wearing a diaper either. This picture is a great reminder of how I need to take a step back and breath every once and a while...and when life calls for it, laugh about Will poop on my dogs face!

No comments: